Google Cloud Connect for Microsoft Office is finally available to everyone after vigorous beta testing by Microsoft for almost 3 months. For what it’s worth, Google Cloud Connect is originated from DocVerse which was then acquired by Google and re-branded right after that. Google Cloud Connect for Microsoft Office works seamlessly with Google Docs which allows you to do online collaboration effortlessly without the need to upgrade to Microsoft Office 2010.
Google Cloud Connect for Microsoft Office is compatible with Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Office 2007 and Microsoft Office 2003.
Google Cloud Connect key features
- Simultaneous editing for Word, Excel and PowerPoint files, no paragraph or document locking
- Revision history of Microsoft Office files is stored in Google Docs
- each Microsoft Office file has its own Google Docs sharing URLs
- No Microsoft Office SharePoint® deployment or upgrade is required
- Offline editing; smart synchronization when you are online
Have a look at the demo to appreciate the benefits of Google Cloud Connect for Microsoft Office.