As I mentioned earlier on, Symantec has recently released the stable version of its top products, Norton Antivirus 2012 and Norton Internet Security (NIS) 2012. As far as Norton Internet Security 2012 is concerned there are several technologies being introduced into the latest NIS 2012 to enhance its effectiveness when combating threats.
What’s new in Norton Internet Security (NIS) 2012?
- SONAR 4.0 – This feature allows Norton Internet Security 2012 to easily convict a suspicious process based on 500+ attributes that fits into the defined behavioral “profile”
- Norton Power Eraser – It runs in Windows Pre-Install Environment (WinPE) and will be accessible when running the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool
- Google Chrome browser support – Secure your browser with Identity Safe and Safe Web features
- Identity Safe 2.0 – This feature is storing sensitive data in the secure Norton cloud
- Download Insight 2.0 – It checks for application that might destabilize your PC system through the concept of Application Stability Ratings
- Norton In-Product Support Experience (AutoFix) – Should Norton Internet Security 2012 crashes (which is not very likely to happen), this feature will check of any anomaly that contributes to the problem. It’s done automatically, so you don’t need to know about it
- Performance – Faster startup and shutdown. Enhanced scan time