Windows 7 which was released on October 22, 2009 is the latest operating system by Microsoft and it comes with 64-bit and 32-bit. Each Windows 7 is associated to a unique product key but users can change it if you buy new serial key.
How to Change Windows 7 Product Key
Method #1 (Control Panel)
- Click on Start Menu button and right-click on computer then choose Properties
- Scroll down at the Control Panel System and Security System section and click on “Change Product Key”
- Key in new Windows 7 key and click “Next” button.
- Windows will verify the new product key a message that reads “Activation was successful”.
Method #2 (Command Prompt)
- From the Start button and search “cmd“. Right click on it and select “run as administrator”
- Alternatively you can do through start > All programs > Accessories > Command Prompt
- From the command prompt, type “slmgr.vbs -ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx” without quote. Replace X with the new product serial key. The hit enter button
- Complete the activation of Windows 7, type “slmgr.vbs -ato“
Method #3 (Search programs and files)
From the first method, if you cant see “Change Product Key” link option on your Windows 7:
- From the start button, search “SLUI 3” and click on it
- Enter the product key and click “next” button
- Windows will then verify the product key
Enjoy the new genuine Windows 7 and easy to get latest updates from Microsoft.