Not long after Apple iTunes 8.1 was released, Apple iTunes 8.1.1 is now made available for Mac and Windows. The latest version of this popular software is more responsive and faster with few bug fixes (including addressing issues with VoiceOver and syncing with iPod touch or iPhone). More importantly iTunes 8.1.1 has the ability to rent high definition (HD) movies via iTunes, a feature that previously was only available on the Apple TV.
Here is the list of iTunes 8.1 improvements and bug fixes:
- Supports syncing with iPod shuffle (3rd generation)
- Adds Genius sidebar for your Movies and TV Shows
- Allows friends to request songs for iTunes DJ
- Improves performance when downloading iTunes Plus songs
- Allows CDs to be imported at the same sound quality as iTunes Plus
- Provides AutoFill for manually managed iPods
- Allows iTunes U and the iTunes Store to be disabled separately using Parental Controls
- Includes many accessibility improvements
For Mac, the 66 MB update requires either Mac OS X 10.4.10 or later or Mac OS X 10.5 or later.