After releasing the latest Flash player 10.3 to web browsers, the Flash technology finally hit Android devices. Adobe Flash Player 10.3 can be downloaded from the Android Market. Flash Player 10.3 comes as a total surprise because there is no recent announcement made by Adobe. Flash Player 10.3 is released for Android 3.01 (Honeycomb), 2.3 (Gingerbread), and Android 2.2 (Froyo) devices.
Adobe Flash Player 10.3 features and enhancements:
- Enabled NEON optimizations for OMAP4 (Cortex A-9) based devices.
- Android Apps using Browser Plug-ins like Flash Player in WebView no longer need to set android:hardwareAcceleration to True in their AndroidMainfest.xml for plug-in output to be rendered. This was previously an issue on Android 3.0+ only.
- Corrected an issue on the Samsung Galaxy S where H.264 video at resolutions of 720p and below was not displayed.
- Fixed an issue that caused video frames to stop rendering on long streaming videos (> 1 hour) on some Motorola devices.
- Fixed a crash on the HTC EVO that some users encountered with specific video.